Friday, May 18, 2012

Gonna sell this one soon

My collection has gotten a little larger lately than I had intended.  I keep telling my husband, who is not a collector of anything and not amused by oddities, that as I find nicer pieces, I'll get rid of the duplicates.  So, in order to be a good wife and live up to my word... this one has gotta go.
 I picked up this little case at a craft show last fall from my friend Amy of Fabulous Finds & Design.  If you are into vintage luggage, this lady is someone that you will want to get to know!  She is so dedicated to the hunt for vintage goods and I have no idea how she stays in business because her stuff isn't pricey.


 This case is in really great shape except for a small stain on the inside and the fabric that goes across from the top to the bottom of the interior is ripped on the sides therefore making it stick out sometimes when you shut it (pic above).  I like how this one, unlike the American Touristers, lays flat when opened and only has two closures instead of three.   
 It is a really cute piece but it looks so similar to my most recent eBay score that one of the two need to find a new home.  Below picture is the two of them together.  Looks like they could be friends.
  *UPDATE*
This suitcase found a new home over the weekend before I even had a chance to click "publish" on this blog post.  Hopefully it is enjoying it's new home with Coma Girl. I traded it for some art. I think I got a pretty sweet deal too!

No comments:

Post a Comment